HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you reading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
R'n'S
Shadow Admin

Number of posts : 1202
Humor : [18:49:39] @ Shadowsgirl : zero'd probably lick it off[18:50:07] @ Trespasser : ZERO LICK ME![18:50:12] @ Zero : *licks his tail*
Favorite Character : Shadow
Favorite Game : Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: What are you reading?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 am

Discuss all the books and series you like to follow here. Debate some of the finer points, offer reading suggestions, be social with your fellow readers. Although, if someone likes a book you hate, don't make a big deal of it, or force your views on the other person regardless of which side you're on. Some series are notorious for sparking a ton of drama *cough*twilight*cough* and we don't need more of that here.

I have several series that I follow. I'll list them along with my impressions.

House of Night: OH. MY. GAWD. You haven't read a vampire series until you've read these books. The story follows Zoey Redbird, a teenager turned Vampyre fledgeling who's struggling to fit in at her new school....vampyre finishing school that is. Not only is fitting in made more difficult by the fact that if her body rejects the change she dies, she's also been Marked as special by the Goddess Nyx. Add in a corrupt High Priestess and a Fallen Angel badguy duo, and you start to see the truth behind my favorite quote from the series. "Darkness does not always bring evil just as Light does not always bring good."

The Kane Chronicals: This is a new series I've recently picked up. It starts with a bang...literally, as the narrator's father blows up a museum. It's a story chock full of Egyptian mythology, with the narrator and his sister left to wrangle the chaos caused by the Egyptian Gods waking into the modern world. And underlying it all is the mystery of just why their mother disappeared six years ago....

Maximum Ride: Take a human embryo, put it in a test tube, add 2% bird DNA, and what do you get? Well, multiply it by 6, and you have the flock. Max and her bird-kid friends. This action packed series reads like a videogame in text format almost....with plot twists around every corner and the hilarious attitude commentary of Max as the narrator makes this a series well worth reading. She fills it with humor, attitude, and drama (the good kind) all at once. "You're kidding right? Please tell me you have a stronger motive for me than 'fair is fair.' Life isn't fair, Dean. Nothing is fair, ever. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I need to help you because fair is fair? Try 'I need you to help me so I don't rip out your spine and beat you with it.' I might respond to that. Maybe."

Erec Rex: This series feels like it could well be the next Harry Potter. A boy named Erec sets off to find his missing foster mom, only to learn his birthplace is one of the few sanctuaries where magic still lives on Earth. He gets caught up in a contest to determine who will be the next rulers of the 3 magical kingdoms....and wins. But the power he will gain threatens to destroy him. And the guy with 1000s of eyes all over his body, Baskania, wants to put 3 corrupt boys on the thrones so he can force them to give the kingdoms' power to his own greedy purposes. So despite the power threatening to destroy him, Erec has to find the missing royal triplets, become king to thwart the Stain brothers and Baskania, and solve the nagging mysteries about his own past that keep croping up. (Lots was revealed in the 3rd book but I'm not giving out any spoilers.) Oh. And Erec has a very special eye. He's got a dragon eye in his head. While the true signifigance of this remains unknown, it's still very cool.

Haven seeker

Number of posts : 51
Humor : Politacal, Random, Etc.
Favorite Character : Mighty the Armadillo
Favorite Game : Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 am

I don't to much read, but the last book I read was Jeremy Fink and the Meaning Of Life.

What are you reading?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1